Buying a vehicle in an auto auction, like Copart, is comparable to buying a foreclosed home. It’s hard to make an informed purchase of the car (or home) after viewing just a handful of photos online. All Copart buyers are encouraged to do their own research on the vehicles they want to bid on.
Consider these options for researching your vehicles and become an informed and confident bidder.
- Review the 10 high quality photos provided by Copart, either online or on your mobile device.
- Read through the vehicle details to determine title type, estimated repair cost, odometer reading, damage type, and if the keys are included.
- Inspect the vehicle in person. Members can preview vehicles for free any Copart location between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Non-members can preview vehicles for $20. Sign up today to avoid the preview fee.
- Hire a third-party inspector. If you are unable to make it to a Copart yard to inspect the vehicle yourself, contact an independent professional who can inspect the vehicle for you.
- Enroll in Autocheck. Copart has partnered with Experian’s Autocheck to provide members a great deal on available clean title history reports. For $50 a year, buyers can get unlimited reports on all vehicles that have Autocheck.
- Purchase a market guide report. For $10 per report, you can get insight into VIN decode, NADA values, ProQuote results, and a list of comparable sales.
- Buy an InstaVIN report. Another option to find out some additional information on a vehicles history is the InstaVIN report, which includes DMV title data, insurance total loss records, vehicle specifications, junk and salvage events, and open lien status.
Inspecting and researching vehicle will allow you to bid with confidence and buy with peace of mind. Learn more about your options for researching vehicles on Copart at Copart.com/inspect.