Now that it is getting cold out there and the snow is beginning to fall, it’s time to think about taking the proper precautions to ensure you vehicle will run as it should even in negative temperatures!
Ice and snow can make driving difficult and dangerous, particularly if you aren’t prepared. So what can be done to get your vehicle prepared for winter?
- Check your tires. To ensure you have the best traction on slippery roads, make sure your tire pressure is at the appropriate level and that your tires are in good shape. You may also want to consider snow tires for a little boost in traction.
- Make sure your fuel tank doesn’t get too low. With freezing temperatures it is possible for condensation to drip into you gas tank and clog the fuel lines. Keeping your tank at least half full can prevent this from happening.
- Check your windshield wipers. If snow begins to fall, you will want to be sure your windshield wipers are in top shape to keep the road in front of you visible.
- Test your battery. Cold temperatures can have a negative effect on your battery power so it is important to make sure it is good shape and can hold a charge before the temperatures drop.
- Keep an emergency kit inside your car. With the slick roads, it is possible your vehicle could end up stuck. Make sure you have a spare tire, the tools to change a tire and a few extra supplies including: flashlights, blankets, ice scraper, bottles of water, and light snacks. All of these items can really help if you find your vehicle stuck in a snow bank.
Following these simple tips can help you to stay safe and keep your car running during the winter season!
Copart is a global online auto auction with over 100,000 vehicles available for auction daily.
Choose from classics, early model domestics and imports, trucks, SUV's, motorcycles, snowmobiles, jet skis and recreational vehicles - all in a variety of conditions!
Copart.com has all kinds of vehicles for all kinds of people!
Visit us at www.Copart.com.