Happy Social Media Day! Today we’re celebrating technology that connects us with some tips from our very own Social Media guru, Carolyn Pfantz.
- The biggest misconceptions about social media is that the more you post the better. It is really about quality over quantity. Each post should be valuable and provide your audiences with information they need or want. One quality post a day is better than 10 mediocre posts.
- Engage with your audience! You can do this by asking questions or requesting interactions with your posts. This helps you understand what type of content they are interested in and can give you some insights into their behaviors.
- The most common mistake companies make when using social media is only talking about their brand. It is important to engage people by posting about a variety of topics they can relate to.
- A little-known tip for building your audience is to join conversations. Getting involved in trending topics will make your posts show up to a larger audience. It will also help you diversify your posts and show you aren’t only focused on your brand.
- Have fun with social media! I love my job because it is different every day. We continually are brainstorming new ideas and concepts to generate engagements. If you surround yourself with a great team, working is fun.